Grilled Apricots with Goat Cheese
Total: 15 min
Active: 10 min
Yield: 24 apricot halves
This recipe hails from Tuscan country and takes apricots to a whole new level. Your friends will think you picked up this tasty bite from an Italian getaway. Your taste buds will be taking their own little trip to Tuscany with this grilled appetizer.
- 12 apricots, halved and pitted*
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, preferably ricotta or another soft artisan goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary or mint, leaves torn, for garnish, optional
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, optional
- Sea salt, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat a grill to 500 degrees F, or high heat.
- Lay the apricots cut-side-down on the grill. Grill until the apricots have solid grill marks and release themselves easily from the grill, 3 to 4 minutes. If you try to remove them and they stick - let them be - they will release in time.
- Transfer the apricots to a platter cut-side-up. Top each apricot with a spoonful of goat cheese, sprinkle with pepper and garnish with torn rosemary leaves or mint. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
*Note: This dish is best made with less ripe apricots. If they are too ripe, they can fall apart when grilling.