Rice on the Grill
Yes, you can make rice on the grill. Especially in the summer months, who wants to heat up the house cooking; no one. So, plan your meal and feel free to include rice as a side. Here’s a great one to get you started.
Total Time: 30 mins.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 9-in. round disposable foil pan, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter.
- Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Fluff with a fork.