Savory Grilled Carrots
Unlike steaming, grilling carrots brings out a much more complex flavor with a fresher texture that’s still the perfect side dish for anything from burgers to chicken.
Total: 30 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 carrots (whole, peeled and washed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash kosher salt (or to taste)
- Dash black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- While grill is heating up, trim the tops and any fibrous ends of the carrots. Then, wash and peel the carrots patting with a paper towel to dry. You can cut carrots in half lengthwise if thick enough to still be at least 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Place a single layer of carrots in a baking dish and coat lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the oiled carrots with the desired amount of salt and pepper, then season with thyme and rosemary.
- Once the grill is heated, place carrots on the grill (cut side down if cut in half lengthwise) and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes with the lid down, turning once during cooking. The carrots should develop some sear marks before turning.
- You will know when carrots are done when both sides are seared (or they begin to brown) and can be pierced with a fork with a soft crunch in the middle.
- Serve and enjoy!