Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
This appetizer is a treat for the taste buds, a truly unique taste to savor.Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Yields: 6 servings, 12 slices
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 slices Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound strawberries, washed and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat vinegar in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Simmer until reduced by about half, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a grill for high heat.
- Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine strawberries and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill bread on the preheated grill until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread goat cheese on toasted bread.
- Add black pepper, salt, and reduced vinegar to the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon over the goat cheese topped bruschetta. Garnish with additional thyme.