Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Yield: 8 stuffed peppers
- 1/2 lb. or 8 mini sweet peppers
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese, 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh herbs, 1/2 oz. (i.e. mix of rosemary, basil, parsley, and chives)
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat until the grill reaches a steady temperature of 350º – 400ºF.
- While the grill heats prepare the goat cheese filling. Place the goat cheese, olive oil, and chopped herbs into a bowl and mash the herbs into the goat cheese with the back of a spoon to help release their flavor. Set the mixture aside.
- When the grill is heated to temperature, place the peppers on the grill and immediately lower the heat to medium. Grill for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until the peppers have grill marks on each side and have softened and begun to split.
- Remove the peppers from the grill and let them cool until they’re easy to handle without burning yourself. Cut a slit from the top to the bottom in each pepper without cutting all the way through. Clean out the seeds and carefully stuff each pepper with goat cheese.
- Place the peppers on a serving platter and serve immediately.
- The finished peppers can be refrigerated 1 day in advance. It’s best to get them out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before your serving time to take the chill off.