Australian Grilled Chicken
- ¼ cup (50 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) olive oil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 small limes, halved
- 4 to 6 cups (1 to 1.5 L) fresh arugula, washed and dried
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Shallow glass or ceramic baking dish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend ingredients.
- Lay chicken breasts on large sheet of waxed paper. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper and, using a kitchen mallet, gently pound chicken breasts until they have a uniform thickness of about ¼ inch (5 mm). (The thinner they are, the faster they will cook.)
- Place chicken in baking dish and cover with marinade. Turn chicken over a few times; cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Use tongs to turn chicken breasts. Do not overcook or breasts will be dry.
- Place lime halves on grill, cut side down, to cook and caramelize slightly. Arrange arugula on individual serving plates; drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Transfer cooked chicken to cutting board; cut into thick diagonal slices. Remove limes from grill.
- Arrange cooked chicken on greens. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve with grilled limes alongside.