Bacon Bourbon Chicken Skewers
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 24 mins
This recipe and its unique combination of bacon and spices blended into a bacon paste, seems like an odd step. We think you’ll find that it is more than worth it. It’s even better than you’re imagining.
- 16 oz barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they’re wooden).
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.