Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers
Filled with corn, salsa, green onions, mozzarella cheese and bacon, these grilled pepper halves are sure to liven up your next cookout.
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 25 mins.
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, salsa and onions. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Place each stuffed pepper half on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12 in.). Fold foil around peppers and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until peppers are crisp-tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully open packets to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Return to the grill until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with additional salsa if desired.