Blackened Shrimp with Grits
Let’s go Cajun with this BBQ recipe. Grits are great on the grill and compliment barbecued prawns well. Served with refreshing lime butter, these prawns taste delicious.
- 3-cups corn kernels.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-cup grass-fed butter
- 1-cup grits
- 1-tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1-clove minced garlic
- 2-teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 5-lbs. Uncooked prawns, de-veined and peeled
- Zest of 1-lime
- Heat the barbecue or grill to medium-high.
- Brush the corn with oil, season with salt and grill until golden.
- Cut the kernels into a bowl and set aside.
- Place a saucepan on high heat, add the butter and let it melt. Add 4-cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, toss in the kernels and remaining butter, let simmer for 15-minutes.
- Add the grits and simmer for another 10-minutes
- Combine garlic, paprika, thyme, pepper, and oregano to a large bowl and toss with the prawns.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and grill the prawns for 5-minutes.
- Toss in a mixing bowl with melted butter, add lime and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the corn and serve the prawns on top of a bed of kernels and grits.