Grilling the veggies converts this salsa recipe from good to amazing. You’ll love the added depth of flavor the grill brings to this salsa.
Takes about 20 minutes
Yields about 12 servings
- 1 lb. tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 small onion (skin on), halved
- 1 small garlic clove, skin on
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 c. cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill tomatoes, onion, garlic, and jalapeño, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove skins from onion and garlic and transfer all vegetables to blender. Add cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon salt and puree until mostly smooth.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
About 10 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 g protein, 80 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber