Coconut and Lime Grilled Kale
Super food meets the tropics. This Kale recipe is a great marriage of two worlds.
- Prep time: 10 mins.
- Cook time: 5 mins.
- Total time: 4 hrs. 15 mins.
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 bunches kale, leaves separated, stems discarded
- Heat coconut milk in a saucepan over low heat until lukewarm, about 5 minutes; pour into a large glass bowl. Stir lime juice, paprika, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes into milk until marinade is smooth.
- Place kale into marinade and press down to ensure all leaves are covered. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove kale from marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Working in batches, grill kale leaves in a single layer until edges are slightly crispy and centers are soft, 45 to 60 seconds per side.