Cola Hot Wings
- Prep: 15 min.
- Grill: 40 min.
- Makes about 2-1/2 dozen
These wings are not your typical hot wings. Using your favorite cola adds a slight sweet touch to these beauties. I will say that I tend to add a bit of extra cayenne pepper when I make them. I’ve seen someone substitute the wings for breast strips, I suppose if your strips aren’t too small it could work.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing (for serving)
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium heat on an oiled rack for 10 minutes. Grill 30-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally and basting frequently with sauce until wings are nicely glazed.
- Serve with salad dressing and enjoy.