Four Ingredient Onion Marinade
This recipe is easy-peasy. Just blend then marinate, the tricky part is planning and doing it ahead of time so it is ready to go for dinner.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons water
- Combine the onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of the oil, and water in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Put the skirt steak in a large resealable plastic bag or baking dish and pour in the onion mixture, coating both sides.
- Cover or wrap the meat well so the onion scent does not permeate your refrigerator; chill for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.