Glazed Pork and Apple Kebabs
There is something about the flavor of these charred Gala apples that gives the grilled pork an extra juicy and sweet flavor melody.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1/2 c. apricot preserves
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish, drained
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1 1/4-lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 Gala apples, cored
- 1 small head green leaf lettuce, torn, or 1 5-oz. package mixed greens
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, the lemon zest, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, the Dijon mustard, and the rosemary. Reserve all but 2 tablespoons glaze.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, the horseradish, 2 tablespoons apricot glaze, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the shallot; toss to coat.
- Cut the pork into 1-inch pieces. Cut each apple into eight wedges, then cut the wedges in half crosswise. Thread the pork and apples onto eight 8-inch skewers. Rub with oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes. Brush with the glaze and continue grilling, turning and brushing occasionally with the glaze until just cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
- Toss the shallots and dressing with the lettuce and serve with the skewers and any remaining glaze on the side for dipping.
By Woman's Day Kitchen Aug 4, 2017