Grilled Clams in Beer Broth
This is a crowd-pleaser for shellfish lovers. Grilled clams are best eaten straight out of the pan with a cold drink. To make this an entrée, allow about 12 clams per person. Grab a hunk of bread to sop up the extra cooking liquid in the pan.
Serves 4 as an appetizer
Time 10 min
- 2 dozen littleneck clams scrubbed
- 1 (12-ounce) can lager-style beer
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon Juice of
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking.
- Place clams in a large cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Add beer, shallot, butter, lemon juice and salt. Arrange the skillet on the grill grates and close the grill lid. Steam until clams have opened, 5 to 7 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Serve clams from the skillet, or pour clams and cooking liquid into a large deep platter or serving bowl.