Grilled Corn and Poblano Chile Salad
Yields: 4 servings
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- 4 ears of corn, in husk
- 2 small poblano chiles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Prepare a grill for medium heat; oil grate. Whisk lime juice and hot sauce in a medium bowl; season with salt. Set dressing aside.
- Grill corn (still in husks) and chiles, turning occasionally, until corn is charred all over (husks will be nicely blackened and some of the kernels will become deeply browned in spots) and chiles are blackened in spots and crisp-tender, 10–12 minutes for corn and 8–10 minutes for chiles. Transfer to a platter and let cool slightly before shucking corn.
- Slather corn with butter, then cut kernels from cobs into bowl with reserved dressing. Remove seeds from chiles and chop. Add to corn along with scallions. Toss to combine; season corn salad with salt.