This one is less of a recipe than a food for thought and a rough guidance of technique.
- Doughnuts (general consensus says plain glazed donuts but hey, experiment)
- Butter (you could even just use grill spray if you so choose)
- Toppings (be creative, ice cream or whip up some assorted dips, I love fresh fruit and whipped cream)
- Start your grill and make sure it clean
- Cut your doughnuts in half, if you’re using butter, butter the inside cut sections
- Place cut sections face down first and give them enough time to make some nice grill marks
- Flip to grill other side (if you are using glazed doughnuts this side won’t take long with that sugar)
I found this little tidbit online and thought I’d share:
Abbe Baker with Food and Wine has done some doughnut testing, you can check it out here:
her favorite was:
Store-bought crumb cake doughnut: Hands down, my favorite. Yes, some of the crumbs stuck to the pan, so I had to scoop them up to taste it, but you guys: It's like Christmas in my mouth. Seriously. I'd eat this all the time.