A mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic makes for very flavorful grilled eggplant. It’s an easy recipe – mix the simple marinade, brush the eggplant and grill.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat grill, or a grill pan, over medium-high heat.
- Trim the eggplant edges and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. You should get about 12 rounds out of a large eggplant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brush the eggplant rounds with the mixture, on both sides. Set aside any remaining sauce.
- Grill the eggplant slices until golden brown and fork-tender, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Brush the grilled eggplant slices with the remaining marinade and serve.