Grilled Eggplant Rollups
Roasted peppers and goat cheese wrapped in eggplant equals your new favorite appetizer to offer to your family and friends. This recipe is a great offering when you may or may not have some vegetarians in the crowd.
- Prep time: 15 mins.
- Cook time: 6 mins.
- Total time: 51 mins.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) log goat cheese, softened
- 2 canned whole roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- Arrange eggplant slices on a large plate and sprinkle both sides with salt. Refrigerate until water has been drawn out, at least 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Lightly brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning.
- Grill eggplant slices on the preheated grill, exactly 3 minutes per side. Spread goat cheese on 1 side of each eggplant slice and sprinkle with roasted red peppers. Serve open-faced or rolled up.