Grilled Flank Steak Tacos
Marinate Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Tacos aren't just for Tuesday anymore. This versatile food can be constructed with almost endless possibilities. This savory version uses tender juicy flank steak. Be careful, this one might become your new favorite. For added grilled flavor don't hesitate to grill corn on the cob and sweet onions for your toppings!
Taco fans, don't forget to check out our warming trays for your tortillas.
For the Paste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1½ tsp garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
For the Steak
- 1½-1¾ pounds flank steak (~ ½”-¾” thick), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Canola or vegetable oil, for brushing grill grates
For the Tacos
- 8 (6”) flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh corn
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
InstructionsFor the Paste
- Using a food processor or mini-chopper, add all ingredients except for lime juice; pulse until well combined.
- Transfer 1 Tbsp of Paste into a small bowl and mix with the lime juice; set this mixture aside. (Note: it will be used after grilling.)
For the Steak
- Using a fork, poke steak every ~2”. Place steak in glass or porcelain baking dish. Spread Paste evenly on both sides of steak and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover dish and let rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush grates with canola or vegetable oil.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes over medium-high heat, flipping after 4 minutes. (Note: Feel free to adjust grilling time to match personal preferences for doneness of steak. 8-10 minutes should yield a fairly well-done flank steak.)
- Remove steak from grill; let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut steak against the grain into ¼” slices. Place slices in large bowl; add reserved Paste and toss until well coated.
- Place several slices of steak on each tortilla. Top with corn, onion, cilantro and sour cream. Serve with lime wedges.