Grilled Mexican Street Corn
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
The classic Mexican street food of corn on the cob charred on the grill, then slathered in a flavorful sauce.
Top with more Cotija and presto!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled Cotija or feta cheese (plus some for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho or chili powder (plus some for serving)
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 4 ears shucked corn
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- While grill heats up, combine mayonnaise, sour cream or crema, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir until mixed well and set aside.
- When grill is hot, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer corn to bowl with cheese mixture and use a large spoon to evenly coat corn on all sides with mixture. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges.