This is less like a recipe than a quick instruction on a seafood staple. Everyone should learn how to make this simple dish. Even if you don’t like mussels, you surely have friends that do.
- 2 lb of mussels
- 2 lemons
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch parsley or herb of your choice, chopped
- Sea salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
- Prepare a grill for medium direct heat. While grill is heating up, Melt your butter over low heat. Add the garlic and herbs and let it reduce down.
- Grilling: If your grill grate skew to being far apart, you will need to put your mussels on a grill pan or basket. If they are close enough apart, you can grill the mussels directly on the grates. Grill the mussels until the pop open. This will be around 5 minutes or so. The ones that open move to a less hot part of the grill while waiting on the others. Any mussels that don’t open should be thrown away.
- Place the mussels in a big bowl. Pour the butter over the mussels, toss and add sea salt and pepper to taste.