Grilled Pears with Cinnamon Drizzle
Serves 6 (1/2 pear per serving)
You may be thinking that pears don't pair well with cinnamon but you'd be wrong. This simple little recipe will help you understand why. Prepare to be wowed!
3 ripe pears (like Bosc or Anjou)
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1 Tbsp. of your preferred oil
a sprinkle of sea salt
- Cut pears in half removing any visible seeds
- Brush pears with your preferred oil, sprinkle with sea salt and place on grill at an angle flesh side down
- Cook pears on covered grill for 15 minutes till pears have softened slightly and have nice grill mark. Turn pears on an angle to create an opposite diagonal grill mark and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and mix well.
- Let pears rest for a minute after cooking then drizzle them with the cinnamon honey sauce and top with chopped pecans.
- Serve and enjoy