Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
Steak is the new star of salads these days, this one is quick and easy to make and so delicious you’ll likely be making it more than once or twice. Enjoy!
Total time: 30 mins.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup prepared bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast.
- Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing.