Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado
This dish is simple and delicious. A flavor combination you are sure to love and proof positive that you don’t have to serve potatoes with steak.
Total time: 30 mins.
Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 inches thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
- Rub both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, green onions, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt; gently stir in avocado. Cut steak into slices; serve with bean mixture.