Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Apples
This side dish is far from ordinary and super simple to make. The key is slow and low. Multiply based on crowd size but don’t overload your foil packs.
- Prep time: 15 mins.
- Cook time: 40 mins.
- Total time: 55 mins.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ground cinnamon to taste
- white sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potato and apple slices with the cinnamon and sugar. Divide the mixture into 4 portions, places each on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top each with an equal amount of butter. Tightly seal foil around each portion.
- Place foil packets on the grill, and cook 40 minutes, turning every 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.