Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Gorgonzola Spread
Prep: 25 min.
Grill: 10 min.
Makes 8 servings
The originator of this recipe, Kristen Minello says they originally made this with regular potatoes and it was delicious as well. She also said the transition to sweet potatoes made this recipe irresistible.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced chives, optional
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high just until tender, turning once, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Refrigerate until serving.
- Slice potatoes into 1/2-in.-thick rounds; brush both sides with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on each side until browned, 4-5 minutes. Serve with spread. If desired, sprinkle with chives.