Grilled Tilapia Piccata
A fish dish for both those that don’t prefer to eat fish and those that crave a fresh filet. This is a simple recipe that looks lovely and tastes restaurant worthy.
Total Time: 25 min.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and garlic until blended; stir in capers and 2 tablespoons basil. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for drizzling cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill tilapia on a lightly oiled rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil.