Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Skewers or kebabs are a main stay when it comes to grilling. It’s an easy and fun way to present a meal. This sweet and savory offering bring a Hawaiian flair to your table. Enjoy.
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 c. cubed pineapple
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- White rice, for serving
- 2 tsp. cilantro
- Preheat grill to a medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and honey until completely combined. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Build skewers by alternating chicken, pineapple, peppers, and red onion.
- Place on a baking sheet and pour over half your marinade.
- Place skewers on preheated grill, and brush with reserved marinade. Cook five minutes and flip, brushing the other side with marinade as well.
- Cook five more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with white rice and a sprinkle of cilantro.