Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
This is sure to be your new favorite dish of the summer. While it is best while pineapples are fresh and in season it is possible to pull this off with canned pineapple. We recommend keeping it as fresh as possible.
- 1 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rings & halved
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger until combined.
- Add chicken to a large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in the fridge at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, heat grill to high. Oil grates and grill chicken, basting with marinade, until charred and cooked through, 8 minutes per side.
- Toss pineapple with oil and grill until charred, 2 minutes per side.
- Garnish chicken and pineapple with green onions before serving.