Homemade BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: About 20 ounces
BBQ sauce is a staple for a wide array of grilled food. I’ve even seen it replace tomato sauce in certain pizzas. This recipe can be adjusted to your taste by simply changing the amount of either brown sugar or cayenne pepper. What do you prefer sweet or heat?
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (+/-)
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (+/-)
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool before storing