Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 3 pints
If you have the time and the interest to make your own ketchup, this is your starting place.
- 3 lbs tomatoes chopped, fresh ripe
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion diced (about 1/3 diced)
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-size pot.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the ketchup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the ketchup to a simmer and cook over low heat for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the ketchup from the heat and mash the ingredients together with a potato masher (or the back of a fork).
- Allow the ketchup to cool. Once cool, blend the ketchup with an immersion blender to your desired consistency.
- Store in fridge in an air-tight container for up to 14 days or freeze for later.