Honey Chipotle Ribs
Prep: 5 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
Makes: 12 servings
Nothing's better than having a sauce with the perfect consistency for slathering. Here's one that'll ensure a lip-smacking feast. Make the sauce up to a week ahead. -Caitlin H.
- 6 lbs. pork baby back ribs
- 3 c. ketchup
- 2 bottles of Guinness beer
- 2 c. barbecue sauce
- 2/3 c. honey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until browned, turning once and basting occasionally with additional sauce.
- Serve with remaining sauce.