Honey Mustard BBQ Onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh summer savory
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled, cut horizontally into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Prepare sauce (medium-high heat). Whisk oil and butter in small bowl. Whisk mustard and next 3 ingredients in another small bowl.
- Run 2 thin metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers parallel through each onion slice, placing skewers about 1 1/2 inches apart to keep slice intact. Trim ends of bamboo skewers.
- Brush both sides of onion slices with oil mixture.
- Place onions on grill and cook until beginning to char, turning and brushing often with oil mixture, about 11 minutes.
- Brush top side of onions with mustard mixture and cook until mixture begins to bubble, about 2 minutes. Turn onions; brush with mustard mixture and grill until beginning to caramelize, about 1 minute longer.
- Transfer onions to plate. Brush with mustard mixture.