Honey Sweet Potato Chicken Kebabs
As far as easy goes, this one is near the top of that list. Sweet potato? Good. Honey glazed chicken? Good. Grilled up on the BBQ? Awesome! This is super quick and easy to make, just chop up the ingredients, skewer, and roast.
- 1 large (3/4 lb.) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1½-inch chunks and layers separated
- olive oil
- 7 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
Spice Mix + Glaze
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- Place potato pieces into a small saucepan and add just enough water to cover the tops. Bring the water with potatoes to a boil over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes, partially covered, until potatoes are nearly cooked but still a bit firm. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooling, prepare the spice mix + glaze by mixing together the garlic salt, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and crushed red pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the honey and cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Add chicken to a medium bowl; drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss with half of the spice rub. Do the same with cooled potato pieces and sweet onion chunks; drizzle with olive oil and toss with remaining spice rub.
- Thread the chicken, sweet potato, and onion onto the soaked skewers.
- Preheat the grill on medium/high; grill the chicken skewers for 8 minutes, turning frequently, or until chicken juices run clear while brushing the skewers with the prepared honey glaze.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to use