Jalapeno Popper Corn Salad
This delicious salad combines an array of fantastic grilled flavors. It’s not merely a combo of a jalapeno poppers and the delicate sweetness of fresh corn. The grilled onion and crispy bacon take this salad to an irresistible level your family will love. Of course, you should feel free to adjust the heat level by adding or subtracting jalapeños to suit your taste.
Prep: 25 min.
Cook: 20 min. + cooling
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 8 ears), grilled and cooled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- Pull the outer husks down the ear to the base. Strip away the silk from each ear of corn by hand. Fold husks back into place and place the ears of corn in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place the corn on a medium heat grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a paring knife.
- While your corn is grilling, add your onion and jalapenos to the grill, covered, 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred.
- Cool completely; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine the next nine ingredients.
- Stir in corn, cheeses, half the bacon, and the grilled vegetables.
- Top with remaining bacon to serve.