This marinade is a traditionally Jamaican flavor. Usually found on chicken but also delicious on pork too. For the traditional Jamaican taste, be sure to use Scotch bonnets.
Yields 1 cup
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 4 Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, stemmed, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Simply put the ingredients into your food processor and process till smooth. Marinate chicken for a minimum of 3 hours and at most overnight.