Keto Barbeque Sauce
This recipe created by Rick Browne will make approximately one pint of sauce, which will yield approximately 32 tbsp of sauce. One serving size is 1 tbsp, which is approximately 13 calories and 5 net carbs.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 12 oz tomato Passata (alternates: organic tomato paste)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol, monk fruit or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup water, approx.
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a saucepan, adding the water last. Start with a cup of water, then whisk in a little at a time until it reaches a consistency that is slightly thicker than barbecue sauce. I ended up using 1 cup of water, but I like thick sauce.
- Bring to a gentle boil at medium-high heat, whisking continuously, then reduce to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Taste and adjust sweetener or cayenne pepper if you prefer the sauce to be sweeter or spicier. If it’s still thicker than you like, you can stir in additional water, a tablespoon at a time, until reaching desired consistency.
- Bottle and store in the refrigerator.