Lemon and Rosemary Lamb Chops
"These grilled lamb chops are inspired by both Italian and Indian cooking. The yogurt-based marinade includes aromatic spices like cinnamon, oregano, and rosemary." – Chef John
Cook: 15 mins
Total time: 4 hr 25 mins
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large lemon, juiced and rind grated
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 lamb loin chops
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, chile paste, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Transfer into a resealable plastic bag. Add the lamb chops, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove lamb chops from marinade and scrape off excess. Discard used marinade.
- Season chops with salt and black pepper. Place on the preheated grill and cook until browned and medium rare on the inside, 3 to 4 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F