Mushroom Merlot Tri-Tip
Prep time: Overnight
Cook Time: 30 mins.
There’s just nothing better than tender red meat with mushroom sauce. This recipe’s got it all, and it’s super easy to follow.
- 2 lbs. tri-tip steak
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 bottle merlot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup peppercorn
- 1 bunch green onion
- Mince garlic cloves and chop green onion.
- Combine merlot and soy sauce in a bowl, mixing in garlic and green onion to create marinade.
- Marinate tri-tip overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove tri-tip from marinade.
- Simmer the remaining marinade on low heat until it reduces to a thick sauce.
- Add mushrooms and peppercorn to sauce and stir.
- Grill tri-tip over direct heat for 8-10 minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted at thickest part of the cut reads 130 degrees.
- Let tri-tip rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with mushroom sauce and enjoy.