This dish traditionally uses tomatoes, which is delicious. This version swaps out tomatoes for fresh peaches making it a new summer time favorite.Yields: 4
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta, cut in 1 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small (or 4 large) ripe peaches, sliced 1/2"-thick
- 1/2 c. torn fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 8-oz. ball burrata
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine red onion and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- On a baking sheet, toss bread cubes in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt. Bake until crisp but not brown, 5 minutes, then let cool.
- Gently toss peaches with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, grill peaches until slightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and grill 2 minutes more. Transfer to a large baking sheet to cool.
- Pour ¼ cup balsamic vinegar from marinated onions into a large bowl and whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Strain onions, discarding remaining vinegar, and add onions, bread cubes, peaches, and basil to large bowl. Gently toss with vinaigrette.
- Divide panzanella onto 4 plates and top each with burrata. Garnish with basil and a drizzle of olive oil.