One of my favorite dishes to order out is now a favorite dish to serve up at home. Experiment with other meats, such as, chicken, beef, or lamb.Prep time: 30 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
Total time: 6 hrs. 40 mins.
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ c. chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 c. roasted, salted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ c. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. crushed coriander seed
- 1 tsp. red pepper flake
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ½ c. melted butter
- 1 ½ lb. pork tenderloin,cubed or cutlet
- In a food processor, process garlic, green onions, ginger, peanuts, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Puree until almost smooth. Pour in broth and butter and mix again.
- Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag and pour mixture over meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove pork from bag, and thread onto skewers.
- In a small saucepan, boil the marinade for 5 minutes. Reserve a small amount of the marinade for basting and set the remainder aside to serve as a dipping sauce.
- Lightly oil preheated grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or until well browned, turning and brushing frequently with cooked marinade.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Per Serving: 682 calories; 49.6 g total fat; 156 mg cholesterol; 2332 mg sodium. 22.1 g carbohydrates; 41.6 g protein