Red Wine and Shallot Butter
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
This red wine butter has such a beautiful color.
It looks and taste amazingly refined.
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 shallot
- 1 stick butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- black pepper to taste
- Finely chop the shallot and place them in a pan with the red wine.
- Bring it to the boil and cook until the wine has reduced. This takes a good 5-10 minutes.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Place the butter, parsley and a grind of pepper into the food processor and whizz.
- Add in the red wine shallots and pulse until everything is combined.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out, spoon the butter into a rough log shape onto the long edge of the cling film. Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.
Recipe from Claire at Sprinkles and Sprouts