Romano Basil Turkey Breast
Depending on the weight of your turkey breast, this will take from 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Prep: 15 min.
Grill: 1-1/2 hours +
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 cup Romano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the cheese, basil, lemon slices and garlic.
- With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; place mixture under the skin.
- Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub skin with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place turkey over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove toothpicks. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.