Stuffed Grilled Zucchini
Prep: 25 min.
Grill: 10 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 tsps. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- Brush with 2 tsps. oil; set aside. Chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, sauté pulp and onion in remaining oil.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese and salt.
- Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until zucchini is tender, 8-10 minutes.