Tarragon and Lemon Butter
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
This Tarragon and Lemon Butter is beautifully light and fragrant.
It adds a bright note to your meal. Perfect for eggs, meat and especially fish.
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tarragon
- 1 shallot
- black pepper to taste
- 1 stick butter
- Start by soaking the dried tarragon in the lemon juice. (If you have fresh tarragon just skip to step 2)
- Place the shallot in the food processor and give it a good blitz.
- Use a spatula to push the sides down and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse until you have a well combined butter.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out, spoon the butter into a rough log shape onto the long edge of the cling film. Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.
Recipe from Claire at Sprinkles and Sprouts