Whiskey Brown Sugar Grilled Steak
Prep Time: 10 min.
Marinade Time: 4-24 hours
Cook Time: 10-15 mins.
Grilled steak is a mainstay on any grill masters repertoire. This version offers a sweet and savory combination, surely a recipe you should have in your grill arsenal. The Roasted Garlic Blue Cheese Butter also pairs well with other steak flavor profiles.
- 4-6 Steaks of your choice cut (T-bone, NY Strip or Tenderloin steaks)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
Roasted Garlic Blue Cheese Butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large zip-style bag, combine the marinate ingredients and rub together with your fingers on the outside of the bag. Place the steaks in the mixture and let marinate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Allow the steaks to come to room temperature while preparing the grill.
- Mix the butter, blue cheese, roasted garlic and minced shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the steaks for about 6 minutes on each side, or until desired wellness.
- Let rest on a plate, covered with aluminum foil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top each steak with blue cheese butter mixture and serve.