Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Strawberries and Rosemary
A simple grilled pork tenderloin, marinated in a balsamic glaze with a savory strawberry compote. This recipe will take your pork tenderloin game up a notch.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
Savory Strawberry Compote
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot – finely chopped (2 Tbsp.)
- 2 cups strawberries- small diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- generous pinch salt and pepper
- squeeze lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Garnish: 1 cup diced strawberries, balsamic reduction or glaze, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Blend marinade ingredients together in a blender. Place loin and marinade in a large ziplock bag, or in a shallow baking dish, coating all sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a small pot, heat oil over medium-low heat, then add shallot. Stir and sauté until golden about 2-3 minutes. Add strawberries, wine, sugar, salt, pepper. Bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer on med-low heat until the wine has reduced and strawberries have thickened for about 10 minutes. It should look like a loose jam. Add a squeeze of lemon. Set aside.
- Pre-heat grill on high heat.
- Remove loin from the marinade and pour extra marinade into a small pot. Boil for one minute, or until it has darkened — you will use this cooked marinade to baste the loin whilst on the grill.
- Once the grill is hot, scrape it clean. Turn to medium-high and place pork loin directly on the grill, and cook for 12 minutes total, turning and basting every 3 minutes. Cover in-between turns. Check temperature. Continue cooking on the grill, lowering heat if necessary just until loin reaches 140 F at the thickest point. Let rest 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice loin into ¾ inch slices, then plate, topping with compote (or place pork over the compote).
- Garnish with fresh diced strawberry, rosemary sprigs, and balsamic reduction.