Bratwurst and Chicken Kabobs
Your guests will love this party platter. Pepper jelly gives these skewers a flavor you'll want to make time and time again.
Total time: 50 mins
Prep: 40 min.
Grill: 10 min.
Yields: 12 kabobs
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) peach halves in light syrup, drained and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 2/3 cup minced onion
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mango chutney
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked bratwurst links
- 2 each medium green pepper, sweet red pepper and yellow pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar bourbon seasoning
- Whisk together vinegars, pepper jelly, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil until blended. Add peaches, minced onion and chutney.
- Cut chicken into 1-in. cubes and bratwursts into 1-in. slices. Cut peppers into large squares and onion into cubes. Toss with brown sugar bourbon seasoning and remaining oil.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meat and vegetables. Grill skewers, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium-high direct heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional brown sugar bourbon seasoning during grilling. Serve with chutney.
1 kabob: 433 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.