Cherry Cobbler on the Grill
This easy cherry cobbler recipe is prepared right on your grill. You’ll love the ease of creating this tasty treat. After you’ve grilled your meal, just pop your cast iron skillet on the grill for an amazingly simple yet super delicious dessert.
Serving: about 1/3 cup
Total time: 55 mins. (15 mins active)
4 cups frozen pitted dark sweet cherries (about 19 oz.), thawed and drained
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup white whole-wheat flour
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- Preheat grill to medium (350-400 degrees F). Coat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Combine cherries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add butter; stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined and holds together loosely.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the cherry mixture. Cover the pan with foil. Grill, with the lid closed, for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue grilling, with the lid closed, until the cobbler is bubbly and golden about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.